Below are the best shooting drills for kids that will make your players elite!
The BEST Shooting Drills for Kids
Do you want to be able to shoot like Steph Curry? Click HERE
#1: Straight Ahead
- Start at one end of the court
- Throw the ball as hard as you can toward the other basket
- Run as fast as you can to try to catch/take the ball
- Once you have the ball, continue sprinting towards the basket
- Eventually, shoot the layup
- One the way back give yourself 5 dribbles to get to the basket before your layup
- Push the ball out in front of you to succeed
- If you have to take more than 5 dribbles, 10 pushups
- Repeat (warmup drill)
#2: Moves to Finish
- Set up cones
- 1 on elbow (pick a side), one in the middle of the paint
- Can be chairs, sticks, imaginary, etc.
- Moves for the cone
- Spin Move; Double Crossover
- Crossover; Crossover
- Behind the back; Between the legs
- Double behind the back on both cones
- Make sure that the elbow move leads you to the middle cone
- middle cone to any block
- After middle cone move, dribble once, pro-hop, then shoot a layup.
- aim at the block!
- From any point inside the three, set up
- start facing the other side of the basket, knees bent
- On “Go” jump 180 degrees
- Land with your knees bent
- From there go straight up into your shot
- Do this from multiple areas on the court
- It will improve you shot balance
#2: Around the World
- Start from one “mid-corner” shot
- From there go to mid-wing, elbow, free throw, other elbow, other mid-wing, and other mid-corner
- Shoot 5 shots from every point
- keep track of your how many shots you took vs. how many shots you made
- Try to improve every round
#3: Drive and Pull
- Start 10 ft behind any wing
- Full charge toward the elbow
- once at the elbow, do a move toward the opposite side you charged
- behind the back
- between the legs
- shoot right after
- switch wings and elbows!
- Make three lines around the basket (3ft away)
- Players shoot practicing form
- hold follow through till ball hits the ground
- Try to aim for a swish in the net!
#5: Pivot for the win
- Have someone stand at half court
- You start at baseline
- Run up to any elbow and await a pass from half court
- Catch the ball and pivot with your inside foot
- shoot right away!
#6: LIGHTNING (GAME)
- Everyone gets in a line behind a point on the court
- First person shoots, the after him the second person shoots
- Goal is to make before the person in front of you or behind you
- Make it before the person in front of you to get them out
- Only two balls!
- If you miss the shot from the selected point, you can shoot from anywhere once you get the rebound
#7: Pressure (GAME)
- Everyone gets in line before the free throw line
- If you make the shot the person behind you has pressure
- if he misses he is out
If you want to learn the secrets of shooting, CLICK HERE
What are your thoughts on these shooting drills for kids? Did they work for you? Comment below.